Sheikh Mohammed: Our youths deserve the best
When perfection is your ambition, nothing could stop your dash
and there will be no limits to your dreams.
On September 2017, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai and Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, inaugurated the world’s best youth hub in Dubai.
The Vice-President and the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince were accompanied by Shamma Suhail Faris Al Mazroui, Minister of State for Youth, who supervised the development of the youth centre in collaboration with Emirates Youth Councils. They toured the new facility, which was designed by Emirati youths under 30 years.
At that day, Sheikh Mohammed said: “Emirati youths deserve the best and are expected to give the best as we bet on them for better future for our nation”.
“My brother Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed and I are very pleased to open the youth centre. We are here to send message to the nation’s youths that they have a big responsibility lying ahead. We also meant to communicate a message to all officials that they need to pay special attention to young people and give them a role in shouldering part of the nation’s responsibilities.” added
E Business Review visited the Youth Hub to discover its abilities, services and philosophy.
We met with Aref Al Mazroui, the center manager; The centre comprises areas designated for young media professionals, entrepreneurs, young researchers and programmers. It houses offices and meeting halls for young people, spaces for young entrepreneurs a library to enrich their knowledge, a laboratory to develop solutions and host brainstorming sessions, a youth cafe and a theatre for youth events.
The centre is a clear sign for directions to expand the model of the youth centre across the country where young Emiratis be offered an environment that stimulates their creativity and innovation, helps them design their future and foster their skills and talents.
As the state vice president said: It serves as mediums and platforms that inspire young Emiratis to be more creative and better serve their nation. Youth centres should offer creative spaces for youths that help them shape their own future and contribute greatly to their nation’s future.
About the Youth Hub
• Located at Emirates Towers, the Youth Hub aims to inspire young Emiratis.
• Designed by youths under 30 years. It is the brainchild of the Emirates Youth Council, under the supervision of Shamma Suhail Faris Al Mazroui, Minister of State for Youth
• It offers an environment conducive to young people.
• It serves as an incubator to inspire and nurture youth creativity and innovation
• It comprises areas designated for young media professionals, entrepreneurs, young researchers and programmers.
• It houses offices and meeting halls for young people and spaces for young entrepreneurs.
• It includes a library to enrich young people’s knowledge and a laboratory to develop solutions and host brainstorming sessions.
• It houses a youth cafe and a theatre for youth events.
• It has a dedicated exhibition area for youths to showcase their achievements.
• It houses areas designated to foster youths’ skills and boost their knowledge.
• It allows young entrepreneurs a space to showcase their projects.